NGO Domain Requirements Print
Registrants will be required to submit information and documentation to PIR registry to establish it meets the eligibility requirements of an NGO. The Registrant will be asked to provide evidence of its NGO status through a document upload function when it begins the validation process. Validation documentation may consist of one or more of the following: government lists, corporate documents (e.g., Articles of Incorporation), tax records or other documents evidencing the entity™s charitable status and work in the community it serves. After submission, the PIR registry will notify the registrant if additional information is needed. Once validation is complete the registrant will be notified of the outcome and the domain name bundle will resolve.
All organisations registering .ngo and .ong domain names need to certify that they meet the NGO (non-governmental organisation) Eligibility Requirements below.
1. Focused on acting in the public interest: Whether in support of education or health, the environment or human rights, members of the .ngo and .ong community work for the good of humankind and/or the preservation of the planet and do not promote discriminate or bigotry.
2. Non-profit making/Non-profit focused entities: While many NGOs and ONGs engage in commercial activities or generate revenue in support of their missions, members of the .ngo and .ong community do not recognize profits or retain earnings.
3. Limited government influence: Recognizing that many NGOs and ONGs have important interactions with government, not least for reasons of funding (which may include receipt of some government funding in support of their programs), members of the .ngo and .ong community decide their own policies, direct their own activities, and are independent of direct government or political control.
4. Independent actors: Members of the .ngo and .ong community should not be political parties nor should be a part of any government. Participation in the work of a NGO or ONG is voluntary.
5. Active organisations: Members of the .ngo and .ong community are actively pursuing their missions on a regular basis.
6. Structured: Members of the .ngo and .ong community, whether large or small, operate in a structured manner (e.g. under bylaws, codes of conduct, organizational standards, or other government structures.)
7. Lawful: Members of the .ngo and .ong community act with integrity within the bounds of law.
Was this answer helpful?
The Best Web Hosting Company in Nairobi, Kenya.
Kenya Website Experts Ltd is the Largest Web Hosting Company in Kenya, our core focus is helping & empowering businesses & organizations online. Thousands of customers rely on our domains and web hosting to get their ideas online. We offer everything you need to create an effective & successful online presence backed by expert, personalized customer support. We offer ultra fast, reliable, affordable and secure website hosting services, email hosting, cloud hosting and SSL certificates. We make registration of Kenyan domain names (.co.ke, .or.ke .ac.ke) and international domains (.com, .org, .net) fast, simple, and secure. Our expert team is always on hand to help answer your questions, get you started, and grow your presence online. We deliver on performance, security, reliability and customer service day in, day out, and we’re a trusted partner.